Welcome To The Recipe Pot!

Are you tired of making the same dinners, over & over? I am!! The purpose of this blog is to share the great recipes I find & help add some new recipes to your pot!! Enjoy!!

(**Disclaimer - All recipes labeled "Gluten-Free" (or GF) are assuming that any questionable ingredients are, in fact, gluten-free!!)

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Peanut Butter-N-Oatmeal Bars











** Recipe adapted from cooks.com - pictures from ME! **

Bars:
* 4 c. quick oats (use GF if desired)
* 1 c. packed brown sugar
* 3/4 c. melted butter
* 1 tsp. vanilla

Heat oven to 375.  Mix ingredients & evenly press into a greased jelly roll pan.  Bake 15-20 min.  Cool slightly.

Topping:  (If desired!!  Bars are quite good on their own!!)
* 6 oz. butterscotch chips (I used chocolate!)
* 3/4 c. peanut butter (I used chunky!)

Melt & spread on top of bars.  Place pan in fridge & allow topping to set.  Cut into bars. 
** NOTE: even though my topping "set", after it came back to room temp, it was messy. :(  So, I put 2 chocolate sides together & made "sandwiches"!!  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...